2011년 9월 8일 목요일

Nice to meet you, Istanbul!

The first impression from Istanbul is similar with the image from Dubai last time. I guess it's because of the mosque. In Islamic nation, there's mosque in every village, like there's church with red-lighten cross in Korea. But it's nor ugly like there, give some mood on the city. 


 I have had language problem. This is what i should overcome to make my dreams come true, travel all over the world. At least, I tried! Turkish people do not speak that much English as i thought. Had hard time when I try to get a ticket for metro, but fortunately I got one, and also successfully transfer to the tram. On the way to get the hostel, I passed so many nice buildings and spots what I've seen in the guide book. This is Galata Bridge, full of people who is fishing. (But I doubt whether they really can get fresh one.) But anyway, having ocean right in the middle of the city is such a cool thing.



It was hard to find my hostel, which is booked just before i arrived. (This trip was on the edge at all time!) Even if the direction sounds quite easy to find, I couldn't find it. I got pissed with all my stupid heavy luggage, and the language that I cannot understand. I didn't want to ask people for direction, (Because I think that's not what cool people do!) But at this moment, I required to do so. I did it several times. And finally a guy help me to find it. He hold my baggage, (at the time I suspected him to run away with it. Sorry, my bad) and asked many people about it and finally got it! And he left.


After put my stuffs in hostel,  I went out to get some food. I don't know what's wrong. I had meal in the airplane, but gets hungry again. Shit! I went out without any heavy baggage, which makes me feel better. And the hostel located in better place than I thought. It's near the Bridge, also near the tram station. And by my advanture, there're lots of cool places nearby the hostel.  



By the way, I got a terrace seat near the ocean. Again, hard time to order food. I was ready to pay, but not ready to choose food. Because I didn't know what to order, I order a food the most people in this restaurant order. But it wasn't good choice. I wasn't happy about the flirting waiter, little worried for my baggage I left. The only good thing was the view and sunshine. Should have be enough just as it is.


I still required to read the guide book. I hadn't had any idea about Istanbul til i get here. I wasn't ready to be a tourist. But I know that just look all the famous places, take a picture, and show people saying that I was here is not my type of travel. But I did my best to be cool about everything, and stay calm. Because the weather was so awesome!!


After lunch, I checked my baggage safe, and then start to wander on the other side of Istanbul from my hostel. Saw several Hookah places, mosque, the harbor to take ferry.   


And there're beautiful park near the ocean, so took a sunbath, enjoy the view or several thing. Most of all, even if I cannot remember anything, but the sunshine. I really wanted to go to Buyukada or any beach as soon as possible.




But the good thing is that I found the place to take ferry for Buyukada tomorrow very easily. And check the time, make the fee sure. How sweet!



And i finally get dolmabahçe sarayı, but there was such a long long line to enter, so I gave up to make it. Instead of get irritated by too many people, I chose to wander around. There're many people around the palace, and none of the tourist cannot enter without guide. Is it the way to keep your palace safe? I wondered.




And then I went back to hostel, finally made check-in. Take a shower, get some stuffs, and then went out again to check Taksim square. There were so freaking many traffics. And I got lost, which way should I go? Again,  I was not cool, asking people where to go, being a stupid tourist. And walked a lot on the hill. I couldn't find the transportation for Taksim Square. Stupid guide book. 


But I made it and saw that there's not special thing sure at the square. It is just worth as a symbol of the city or tourism spot. I just didn't like it with so many people. And Istikral street was just like normal shopping street in everywhere in the world. But try to follow the guide book. Get places which is marked on the book. So I had fired mussel, and kebab.  


And I was so upset about that there's a place which is selling fitflap with much lower prices. Shit. Checked traditional goods shop. Because I've been crazy about the oriental patterns thesedays, it was cool to do so. Got some pottery for mom, in my style.



Took a walk follow the street, find lots of cool places. The end of istikral street, passing the tram or something else, those area reminds me Monmartre in paris. Find a vintage shop on the corner, (never expected to see vintage shop in istanbul!) And the owner was cool. He said that he was a movie director but three years ago he start to run his own shop, (this cool chic one!) And also he runs a guest house up stair, but only for long-term staying. I got his card, and maybe I'll try to stay there later when I come back.



Kept walking, and saw the tower. It must be a Galata tower. But I didn't go up, it was just enough to see up. And there was exactly reminds me Monmartre. Ha!



the eye,  (I'm watching you!)



First day wasn't bad, but fast. And I've know that I never follow the book, but in this time it hits my head even strongerly. 

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기